Seattle City Light crews will resume civil construction on 1st Avenue South, between South Royal Brougham Way and Railroad Way South. This may impact traffic in the area.
What you can expect:
- Crews will work on the west side of 1st Avenue South, occupying both southbound lanes for duct bank excavation. Southbound traffic will merge with the northbound lanes on 1st Avenue South.
- Work will not occur two hours before and after major Pioneer Square/South of Downtown (SODO) events.
- Noise is expected during construction from jackhammering and heavy equipment.
- Some parking will be restricted on 1st Avenue South for truck staging and equipment storage.
- Crews will maintain access to driveways for businesses.
- Maintenance power outages are not anticipated for this work.
Daily work hours are from Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and weekends (non-game days) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. This work is anticipated for completion by late February 2020.
Visit Seattle City Light’s construction website for the latest updates on this work: seattle.gov/light/atwork/release.asp?RN=405.